Music: CL - Lifted



Comment:
When I found out that CL's gonna release a new single, I got so excited. Finally, little queen shows up in the music world. Though I still wait for 2NE1's comeback, but CL's being active in music at least can quench my thirst for 2NE1.

This song gives me a surprise when I hear it. Why? Because this song is so different from CL's previous solo songs. MTBD, The Baddest Female, Hello Bitches, even her collabo with other musicians in Doctor Pepper or Dirty Vibe, all of them are strong like a punch in your face. But Lifted is more like a friendly high five in the air. Like CL comes and then introduces herself while smiling, "Hey, 'ssup, I'm CL. Nice to meet you." then chills with you while sipping a cup of coffee in a cool coffee shop. With a chill and reggae-ish tune, this song really suitable for relaxing.

Another reason is because of this song is in full English. Yaaasss...finallyyyy. After all this time Blackjack and a lot of other people talk about CL debut in the US, she finally has a full English song. This shows that CL is really serious about debuting there.

The MV also surprises me. The opening scene already shows CL in a super minimal outfit while blowing some vape smoke. Crazy. Haha. Then that acrobatic scene. I open my mouth widely when I saw that. Then there's Method Man from Wu-Tang Clan as a cameo. No Korean whatsoever in the MV. That flying in the sky on top of the clouds, tho it's kinda ridiculous, but I guess they just try emphasized the lyrics.

I like the tone of the MV. And of course, the director of the MV is Dave Meyers - the name that already famous for making a cool MV.