Music: BLACKPINK - Stay // Playing With Fire
Comment:
I saw they're having a comeback from Papa YG's Instagram post. It's actually kinda funny accident and I think everyone talked about it already. He supposed to give us a hint but instead, a few minutes later he gave us the whole picture of who's having a comeback and it's his newest baby girls, BLACKPINK. I thought he's gonna delete the picture but he's not. Hahaha.
Stay is such a good song. Reminds me of 2NE1's Lonely and Missing You. I think this is a good move from BLACKPINK to have this type of slow and acoustic-y song after all those dance songs before. This song shows the singing ability of each member really well.
As for the MV, it is nice too. I love the tone. I thought Rose really played the guitar in this song. I love all the hidden writings in the MV. I love the outfits. I love the girls all smiling and dancing in circles. My fave scene is where they stand on top of an upside-down bus when the colorful flare shows up. It a pretty scene.
Playing With Fire is another great song to dance on. I love the lyrics. Really shows how a teenage girl sees what love is for them. But I think Teddy needs to stop that recycling-the-old-lyrics thing on his new song.
AS for the MV, it's lit. Literally. The girls are surrounded by fire. What I love about the MV is the girls look so damn pretty and sexy in here (shout out to Rose!). I like the choreo and I just found out that the choreo was made by Kyle Hanagami, one of my fave choreographers. I love that he's getting more and more recognition in the K-Pop world. I don't really like the outfits in this MV, especially the flowery shirts they used during the choreo. The outfit makes them girls look older. I have few fave scenes here, Lisa's solo part and Rose when she's hugging the guy. Oh, and it's so funny seeing the behind the scene of this MV. The other girls tease Rose a lot during the shoot with the guy. Hahaha.
Ah...BLACKPINK, you so far never fail to awe me. Keep up the good work, girls. You deserve the applause. You've been waiting for this moment for a long while so better give us your best always too.
Papa YG, please, BLACKPINK TV for real, please. And give them a chance to be in variety shows. Don't give them the same treatment as 2NE1 where you mostly kept them hidden, only to come out once in a while.
