Movie: Sunny (2011)
Main Casts:
Yoo Ho Jeong as Lim Na Mi
Jin Hee Kyung as Ha Chun Hwa
Go Su Hee as Kim Jang Mi
Hong Jin Hee as Hwang Jin Hee
Lee Yeon Kyung as Seo Geum Ok
Kim Sun Kyung as Ryoo Bok Hee
Shim Eun Kyung as teenage Lim Na Mi
Kang So Ra as teenage Ha Chun Hwa
Kim Min Young as teenage Kim Jang Mi
Park Jin Joo as teenage Hwang Jin Hee
Nam Bo Ra as teenage Seo Geum Ok
Kim Bo Mi as teenage Ryoo Bok Hee
Min Hyo Rin as teenage Su Ji
Kim Shi Hoo as teenage Joon Ho
Plot:
Lately, Min Hyo Rin is booming again and a lot of people are actually fell in love with her because of this movie. So, I got curious about it and decided to give the movie a go. Turns out it's a nice movie.
It's kinda fun to watch a movie about girls' friendships. Mostly I watched the guy's friendship type of movie where the bros before hoes happened and full of testosterone - meaning full of fists flying around and lovely curse words in the air. But in this movie, the girls are the ones who throw fists and curse words everywhere. NICE! This is my kinda movie. Hahahahaha.
This movie has a good amount of comedy and also drama. Not too much so it's easier and comfortable to watch.
If everyone is interested in Hyo Rin here, I'm more interested in Kang So Ra. When I first saw her I was like, "Who is this girl? She's so damn cool." Like always, I'm more drawn into a cool girl rather than a pretty girl. Her character here is really my type of girl crush.
I love all the characters. Maybe because this movie shows girl power so the feminism in me starts to elevate too, especially Hwang Jin Hee. Hahaha. I feel like I'm seeing myself in a mirror coz I am a girl who curses a lot whenever I can. Not only for a bad moment but also for a happy moment, I curse. Well, pretty much all the characters here reflect me at some points. That's why I can relate much with them.
Sometimes I feel envious to see a solid friendship coz I feel like, in my real world, it doesn't go that way. Well, maybe because my best friends are mostly guys so it's a different feel when you have girl best friends. I always feel like when you being best friend with a girl there will be a lot of drama happens - and I don't like drama. So far, my guy friends never gave me any drama, at all, so I really feel at ease with them. But after seeing this movie, I think maybe it's actually a nice thing to have girlfriends. Well, I guess it depends on what kinda girl aka a person that is worth enough to befriend.
All the actresses play their characters really well, the old and the younger ones. The old ones are as pretty as the younger ones.
My fave scene is when young Jung Su Ji's face got scratched by a bottle fragment. That's when I finally can see the real Su Ji. And to be honest, after that scene I become not liking the character. For me, the character is just too shallow. Another favorite scene is when Su Ji and Na Mi got drunk. That's a random scene actually. Haha. Well, a lot of good and memorable scenes in this movie. In the fighting scene, the kissing scene, the funeral scene, the old Chun Hwa gets crazy in the hospital scene. Ah so many.
For those of you crazy girls who want to be represented, or if you wanna reminisce your old memories with your girls, or maybe if you are boys who wanna see the pretty girls, this movie is for you. It's a really nice movie to watch over a bucket of snacks on Sunday afternoon. Bring your friends over so you can laugh and cry together.
Yoo Ho Jeong as Lim Na Mi
Jin Hee Kyung as Ha Chun Hwa
Go Su Hee as Kim Jang Mi
Hong Jin Hee as Hwang Jin Hee
Lee Yeon Kyung as Seo Geum Ok
Kim Sun Kyung as Ryoo Bok Hee
Shim Eun Kyung as teenage Lim Na Mi
Kang So Ra as teenage Ha Chun Hwa
Kim Min Young as teenage Kim Jang Mi
Park Jin Joo as teenage Hwang Jin Hee
Nam Bo Ra as teenage Seo Geum Ok
Kim Bo Mi as teenage Ryoo Bok Hee
Min Hyo Rin as teenage Su Ji
Kim Shi Hoo as teenage Joon Ho
Plot:
New high-school transfer student Na Mi comes from a small town in Jeolla Province to her new school in the capital city of Seoul. When she is nervous, her small town dialect comes out & she starts to shake. On her first day at her new school, she is bullied by others. Coming to her help is a group of girls. The girls are Chun Hwa -- known for her strong sense of loyalty & excellent fighting skills, heavyset Jang Mi -- who badly wishes to have plastic surgery to get double eyelids, Jin Hee -- excellent when it comes to spewing profanity, Geum Ok -- interested in literature, Bok Hee -- dreams of one day becoming Ms. Korea, and Su Ji -- always arrogant. Na Mi quickly becomes part of their group. When the group confronts rival girls known as Sonyeo Sidae ("Girls Generation"), Na Mi spews curse words she picked up from her grandmother. Because of Na Mi, the girls are able to avoid a crisis. These seven girls then form their own group named "Sunny". They also vow to stay together forever. The girls then prepare for a performance at an upcoming school festival, but on the day of their performance, a terrible event occurs leading the girls to eventually going their own separate ways.
25 years later, Na Mi is married to a successful businessman and has a beautiful daughter. Her life seems perfect from afar, but there's something lacking in her life. One day, Na Mi bumps into high school friend Chun Hwa in the hospital. They are ecstatic to see each other, but Na-Mi receives a phone call and has to leave. On her way out she asks Chun-Hwa if there is anything she can do for her. Chun Hwa at first says no, but after a moment of reflection, she makes a simple request to Na Mi. Chun Hwa asks Na Mi to find the other members of "Sunny," so she can see them one more time ...
Comment:Lately, Min Hyo Rin is booming again and a lot of people are actually fell in love with her because of this movie. So, I got curious about it and decided to give the movie a go. Turns out it's a nice movie.
It's kinda fun to watch a movie about girls' friendships. Mostly I watched the guy's friendship type of movie where the bros before hoes happened and full of testosterone - meaning full of fists flying around and lovely curse words in the air. But in this movie, the girls are the ones who throw fists and curse words everywhere. NICE! This is my kinda movie. Hahahahaha.
![]() |
| The gang you need to be in |
This movie has a good amount of comedy and also drama. Not too much so it's easier and comfortable to watch.
If everyone is interested in Hyo Rin here, I'm more interested in Kang So Ra. When I first saw her I was like, "Who is this girl? She's so damn cool." Like always, I'm more drawn into a cool girl rather than a pretty girl. Her character here is really my type of girl crush.
![]() |
| Cool Sora |
I love all the characters. Maybe because this movie shows girl power so the feminism in me starts to elevate too, especially Hwang Jin Hee. Hahaha. I feel like I'm seeing myself in a mirror coz I am a girl who curses a lot whenever I can. Not only for a bad moment but also for a happy moment, I curse. Well, pretty much all the characters here reflect me at some points. That's why I can relate much with them.
Sometimes I feel envious to see a solid friendship coz I feel like, in my real world, it doesn't go that way. Well, maybe because my best friends are mostly guys so it's a different feel when you have girl best friends. I always feel like when you being best friend with a girl there will be a lot of drama happens - and I don't like drama. So far, my guy friends never gave me any drama, at all, so I really feel at ease with them. But after seeing this movie, I think maybe it's actually a nice thing to have girlfriends. Well, I guess it depends on what kinda girl aka a person that is worth enough to befriend.
All the actresses play their characters really well, the old and the younger ones. The old ones are as pretty as the younger ones.
My fave scene is when young Jung Su Ji's face got scratched by a bottle fragment. That's when I finally can see the real Su Ji. And to be honest, after that scene I become not liking the character. For me, the character is just too shallow. Another favorite scene is when Su Ji and Na Mi got drunk. That's a random scene actually. Haha. Well, a lot of good and memorable scenes in this movie. In the fighting scene, the kissing scene, the funeral scene, the old Chun Hwa gets crazy in the hospital scene. Ah so many.
For those of you crazy girls who want to be represented, or if you wanna reminisce your old memories with your girls, or maybe if you are boys who wanna see the pretty girls, this movie is for you. It's a really nice movie to watch over a bucket of snacks on Sunday afternoon. Bring your friends over so you can laugh and cry together.
8,5/10



