Music: 2NE1 - CRUSH album

I'm crazy in love with this album. I feel happy to the fact that finally after years without any album, 2NE1 is having a strong comeback with a strong album that can make 2NE1's position even stronger in the music industry. Not only in Korea but also all over the world. The song materials in this album really can be accepted by all people in this world, especially the Western music industry that has been hard to be penetrated by foreign music.

In this post, I will discuss every song but not as in a serious review. I wanna tell you which part of each song that has been my favorite. Let's start.

Track 1 - CRUSH
What a strong opening track. Reminds us of how fierce and strong 2NE1 is. A little too bad that this is not the first single. If it happened, this will have a big impact. Or like one Indonesian artist said "Cetar membahana".

Favorite part: Definitely the reff part that could be made as the anthem of all fierce girls all over the world. Haha. "They love me coz I'm hot. They love me coz I'm cold. They love me coz I'm real. They love me coz I kill." Had to admit, when it came to the verse that CL sang until the end, that was the strongest part of this track. But there was one thing I got itchy about. Why when CL sang "I got 21 big brothers bla bla bla", it reminded me of one of Indonesian artists who's having an international debut lately? But of course, CL is waaay better than that artist. But yeah, it's only my opinion. Hehe. 

Track 2 - Come Back Home
The single that has been promoted ever since the beginning YGE announced that 2NE1 was having a comeback. Of course, this track will be the center of attention of all music critics and listeners in the world. This track had a proper multilayer type of music. I love the unity of different genres in one song. It reminded me of the other girl group who also had a multilayer song but didn't really make me enjoy the whole song - I only liked the reff part.

Favorite part: Part when CL sang "Come back home" then Dara welcomed it with "come baby baby come come baby".

Track 3 - Gotta Be You
One word that came to my mind when I heard this track for the first time. It was 'G-Dragon'. Somehow I felt this track was so GD. Even the way CL rapped, reminded me of GD. Some parts of this track also reminded me of GD's first album. Sounded like 'Heartbreaker'

Favorite part: Part when CL rapping in the beginning and in the middle of the track. Part when Bom sang in 3:19 was also nice. A soothing voice.

Track 4 - If I Were You
My favorite track. Listening to this track made me wanted to cry. The way that each member sang their part was also touching. I could feel their sadness. Felt like my heart also being sliced into pieces. And CL, your voice in this track is sooo cool.

Favorite part: Part when CL sang "gakeum nado neo cheorom bla bla bla" and when she sang her last part of this track with her soft voice. Oh damn. It shown even the strongest girl like CL could be fragile too.

Track 5 - Good To You
I read a review that my friend made. She said that this track reminded her of GD's song called 'Black'. Somehow it's true. I also felt the same way. If you pay attention closely to it, the feel of this track was the same. Of course, it had the same feel. GD's the one who created this track.

Favorite part: Every time Bom said "you love her but her kiss is a lie bla bla bla" and part when CL's rap ended this track nicely.

Track 6 - MTBD (CL solo)
Whoaaaaaaa...hats down to this track! Bow down to the cool leader. Insane. This girl is really cool *give up* The bass was wow. You couldn't get over it easily. The way CL rapped was also thumbs. It showed and proved that CL IS a rapper. Not just some "rapper" like in the other girl groups who only good at fractured the word but not as in real rapping. Maybe in the real rap battle, they would definitely lose.

Favorite part: "Boom boom boom (maen bung) feel the bass go" and "How beautiful is this life. How painful is this life." part.

Track 7 - Happy
A very light track though the lyrics didn't display any happiness at all. Contrary.

Favorite part: Part when CL rapping in the middle of the track and when Dara sang "oh no I didn't cry cry bla bla bla".

Track 8 - Scream (Korean)
I still felt like this track was way better to be sung in Japanese. Maybe because I've been used to listen to the Japanese version so when it changed to Korean, I felt weird. Bottom line is, I liked the Japanese version better.

Favorite part: Actually I liked the part when CL and Bom sang "I fell in love bla bla bla", but then again, I liked it better in Japanese.

Track 9 - Baby I Miss You
My gooosh. The music. The lyrics. The beat. Classic. Bow down again to CL who made this track. Dara's voice in this track also sweet.

Favorite part: Part when CL said, "When I look into your eyes, you set me free bla bla bla" and the Minzy continued it. When Minzy sang the word "saranghanda", it punched me in the face directly.

Track 10 - Come Back Home (unplugged)
Suhweeeeet. Unplugged made this track finally shown its real meaning as a sad song. And in this track, all members shown how good their voices were *claps* And the part when CL rapping with guitar followed in the background, that's nice.

Favorite part: Every part.


BTW, I miss listening to Minzy's rap. In this album, Minzy sang and all the rapping was done by CL. But it's okay. Minzy had a great voice, so she had to do singing a lot too. Dara finally has shown that she's not only a visual of the group but also a good singer. Bommie, who's been disappointing me in a few singles of 2NE1 that released from 2012-2013 and also in the subunit BH that she's done with Lee Hi, finally redeemed it all in this album. She's back and she proved that she's still Bom, the best vocal of the group. The one who should be given the most thumbs and claps from this album was definitely the one and only leader, CL. Created tracks, checked. Rap, checked. Sing, checked. Even her portion of singing in this album was much more than before. Other female Korean singers (outside 2NE1) have to be more careful with her. Inside 2NE1, she already shown us her multi-ability. Can you imagine if she's doing solo? Dangerous.

What a satisfying album from 2NE1. Once again, I'm so happy about the fact that they come back with a strong and good album. I do believe that this album will hang on in a long time. Not only in the Korean music chart, but also in the World music chart. Somehow I feel positive about this album, it can be remembered by music listeners in the world until a few years later.


NOLZA!

*this was written in my personal blog on 3/12/2014*