Music: BLACKPINK - Boombayah
Comment:
Blackpink is definitely finally in your area. They're coming! Be ready for Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa and Rose, everyone!
Crazy! In only 2 days, 3 million people already watched the MV. It shows that this girl group really been awaited and make a lot of people curious. But it's kinda true. YG stan (especially) already waited for this group since forever. Been given way too many teasers before but the group never debuted. Now, it finally realized. We finally have a new girl group.
As for the song, I'm not too interested. For me, there's no part where it's catchy or worth repeat. Maybe because I just hear it once so I still have no connection to the song. Maybe. Or maybe the type of the song that isn;t suitable for my ears. I dunno. Well, the opening part is kinda nice and also when Jennie raps. But when Jisoo's part comes in, I feel it's kinda unconnected. The same goes with the chorus. Lisa's part is kinda okay. So I guess the good part for me is only the rap parts and when they say "Blackpink in your area." Oh, when they shout "Oppa!" I'm kinda surprised. I didn't expect they will act cute like that. Haha.
I didn't expect Jisoo to have a deep vice. I thought it will be a high soprano. Well, I guess all of them considered to have a deeper voice than the usual girl group.
Man, that choreography part where Rose sweeps the floor gives me a surprise big time. Hahahaha. I didn't expect to see that kinda choreo. Crazy.
The MV's tone is pinkish. Maybe adjusting to the group's name.
As always, when it comes to dancing Lisa is number one. And I think Rose also has a good sense of dancing. Hmm...I think I need to pay more attention to this Rose girl. Jisoo is darn pretty. Jennie is super swagger.
I like some of the outfit and the makeup here.
I think Blackpink is different than 2NE1. Even from the concept is kinda different. That's good. I am not wanting YG to make the new girl group as 2NE1 2.0. Let 2NE1 with their own color so is Blackpink... Both group are all fierce, just like YG style, but Blackpink still has that cute side. Maybe because they're still little kids. 2NE1 gives us real fierce since the beginning. I can see how Blackpink can compete with the other 3rd generation idol groups. These days, the market likes the cute and sexy concept, and I think Blackpink can still compete in those areas.
No leader? Nice! I hope with this no leader concept can make each member feel more responsible for the sake of the group.
Yes. As a YG stan, I'm glad I can enjoy new music from YGE. I hope these little sisters can also be successful like all the oppas and unnies in their company. Amen!
