Movie: Veteran (2015)

Main casts:
Yoo Ah In as Jo Tae Oh
Hwang Jung Min as Det. Seo Do Cheol
Yoo Hae Jin as Director Choi
Oh Dal Su  as Team Leader Oh
Jang Yoon Ju as Miss Bong
Jung Woo In as Truck Driver Bae

Plot:
Detective Seo Do Cheol is tough and merciless when it comes to crime. But while investigating a high-profile case, Seo finds out that arrogant young millionaire Jo Tae Oh — the third-generation heir to powerful conglomerate Sinjin Group — is pulling some strings behind the scenes. However, no matter how rigorously Seo's team pursues him, Jo always escapes with the help of his wealth and connections. 

Can Seo Do Cheol succeed in his effort to arrest Jo Tae Oh?

Comment:
You guys must have seen a lot of celebrities tried to impersonate Yoo Ah In in this movie whenever they were invited to variety/talk show. Because of those impersonations, I became curious about the movie. I wonder why a lot of people try to do it. I've heard his name quite a lot but never really watch his acting. Turns out he played in a lot of drama and movie.

I can see why people love to impersonate him during a variety show. This character Jo Tae Oh is really the main event in this movie. He's even more prominent than Seo Do Cheol, though Seo Do Cheol is a unique detective character. Ah In himself plays this character really well. I feel like I really want to punch him in his face in this movie.


Hwang Jung Min is really something. His acting is definitely top-notch. He plays Seo Do Cheol super well. Though he's being outshone by Jo Tae Oh, but it still fun to see his movement in here.

The other supporting characters are okay. Not so good but not that bad either. Maybe because they kinda show up here and there without really have a significant story. Only Yoo Hae Jin, Jung Woo In, and the little boy who plays his child that are leaving some good impression. They show up a lot in the story though. Haha.

Judging by all the short clips I've seen or from the impersonation from the celebrity, I always thought that this movie is a serious one. But dang, I was wrong. Turns out this movie is a comedic one. Funny thing is while all characters show their comedic side, Yoo Ah In and Yoo Hae Jin's character are always in serious mode. So it's kinda weird. Haha.

I like a lot of scenes. For example, like when some of the bad guy's running, the police are trying to chase him by car and end up driving alongside the bad guy. The scene in Jo Tae Oh office also nice, where they beat up the truck driver. I just hope that kid won't be so traumatized seeing that violent scene. Oh, in the beginning where Seo Do Cheol gives the bad guy a chance to hit him just so he can get a legitimation to defend himself, that I like. It's funny.

Well, I guess if you like some crime movie but still need something to watch it as relaxed as possible, this movie can be your choice. It's kinda serious but also gives you a good laugh.

Ps: This police team is really something. Crazy beings are inside it. Haha