Movie: Coin Locker Girl (2015)

Main casts:

Kim Go Eun as Il Young
Kim Hye Soo as Mother
Um Tae Goo as Woo Gon
Lee Soo Kyung as Ssong
Cho Hun Chul as Hong Joo
Park Bo Gum as Seok Hyun
Go Gyung Pyo as Chi Do

Plot:
A newborn girl is placed in a coin-operated locker in the subway station. The girl is raised by a mother who is the boss for a loan shark group and named Il Young. Later, when the girl has grown into a teen, she carries out missions given to her by her mother.

What happens when Il Young fails to carry the mission? Is she gonna survive?

Comment:
Finally, after dealing with messy subtitles, I can finish watching this movie and capture the meaning of the movie. Haha.

I'm interested to watch this movie because of the thumbnail on the website. I click on it and I see the list of casts, turns out it has an interesting lineup. I'm in the mood of some action or thriller movie, and the movie poster is quite intriguing.

Kim Hye Soo never dies. She's really cool and awesome no matter what she plays on. In this movie, her aura is really something. And I'm glad that I can see her ugly in here. Usually, her character is someone rich with high maintenance appearance and sexy outfit. Here is a totally 180 degrees different. And that makes me happy coz this proves that she really is a five-thumb-up actress. Salute!

Who is this Kim Go Eun? How she plays awesomely? Oh, she's the one that played A Muse. I saw the thumbnail yesterday and kinda interested to watch but still had no time. Maybe the next movie will be this one. Anyhoo...Go Eun plays the character really cool in here. And I think her charisma also cannot be underestimated. She can be compared to Hye Soo though the later is way more senior. Usually, when some junior actress plays with Hye Soo, their charisma is like being covered by Hye Soo. But Go Eun is pretty stable here. Nice! My new favorite actor it is then!

I think Park Bo Gum only becomes like a sweetener for this movie. I dunno why he still plays the same character like Choi Taek in Reply 1988 - sweet free-spirited guy who likes to smile here and there. Well, actually this movie is made before Reply 1988. Hehe. The one that different is Gyung Pyo, the one who played Sun Woo in Reply 1988. In this movie, his character is really an asshole and he plays it well.

I need to give a big applause to all the other actors, including the supportive character. None of them play badly. The ones who play as the son and daughter of Mother...tsk tsk tsk. They're crazy. Bow down for them too. The one that I like is the character Hong Joo played by Jo Hyun Chul. The character is a kid with mental illness. And this kinda character is not easy to play, but Hyun Chul plays it well.

That little child actor who played the young Il Young, I salute you too. You played well, dear child. I wish you a great career ahead. And I wish in the shooting location there was a psychologist who can help her psychology. Man, that little child has to play in this sadistic movie. That must be hard. And in here, she has to see a murder scene too. Wow.

If I see the IMDb rating in the movie google page, it says 6.7/10. Hmm...that's a small number. I personally enjoy this movie and I can say that I found another Korean movie that I like. But I think I can understand why it gets a quite low rating. Actually this is more like a drama movie with a little bot thriller to cover it. Maybe a lot of people expect real action or thriller without excessive drama. 

I like the tone color. Typical characteristic of a thriller movie, but yeah, this is how I like my movie.

I like the ending too. It's quite sad and ironic at the same time.

The real title is Chinatown. But why the English title will be Coin Locker Girl? Haha. But still, this is a good movie and worth being in a film festival.


Ps: such an ironic ending