Music: D.O x 유영진 - Tell Me (What Is Love)




Comment:
I'm in the phase where I crazy in love with this song. Finally, the longer version is out. All this time I'm so used to with shorter version. Actually, I just knew about this song a few months ago. I thought this song is like a remix version of EXO's What is Love (in the short version, the intro says that this song as the new What is Love). Turns out this is a different song. This is more like a new song.

Shorter version is part of D.O solo in EXO's concert. When I first heard the short version, I fell in love instantly. D.O's voice is really something. I'm glad I chose him as my bias in EXO. And the reason why I have him as my bias, simply because of his amazing voice. And in this short version, he proves that not wrong to choose him as a bias.

In the longer version, he sings with the senior producer in SM, Yoo Young Jin whose voice cannot be taken lightly either. His voice sounds similar to D.O at some point. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate their voices. But his voice is seriously good to hear too. Seems like D.O learns a lot from this sunbae because I think D.O has as same singing technique.

The MV released in SMTOWN's YouTube account turns out doesn't show the whole song. It's been cut. And I think they cut it in a very awakward part. Just give another 1-2 minutes then the song complete. Why they have to cut it? I don't get it. The MV concept itself just show some of still cut of recording process of this song. What I don't understand is why there's 'EPILOGUE' written in the MV's title. Is this the epligoue of STATIOn project or what? Sorr, I'm not too familiar with that.

This is a classic R&B so it can suit a lot of ears from all over the world. Even the Westerner will like this song. Body roll type of song. Sexy and easy listening at the same time. Turns out it has a sad lyrics.

My favorite part in this song is the very beginning of this song, the ad lib Young Jin and D.O sing before verse 1, then Young JIn's part "Hey, baby, please stop..." on the second verse, then D.O's ad lib after second verse.

I think this is a must to have it inside your MP3 player, especially for those of you who like to listen to R&B. Suits you better.

Here's the complete song. Just listen.