Movie: Fashion King (2014)

Main casts:

Joo Won as Ki Myung
Sulli as Eun Jin
Ahn Jae Hyun as Won Ho
Park Se Young as Hye Jin 

Plot:
A nerdy high school student Woo Ki-Myung decides to become the most fabulous guy in the world. He does this to match up with a pretty girl who is his high school classmate.
Meanwhile, Kwak Eun-Jin likes Woo Ki-Myung. She attempts to change her style to catch his attention.
Will Ki Myung gets the attention of the girl he likes? Will Eun Jin gets the attention she wants from Ki Myung? How this love story will end?
Comment:
Joo Won and Sulli are the reason why I wanna watch this movie.

Wow. This movie is so absurd. Hahaha. I know that this is based on the famous webtoon in Korea and I admit that when I read the webtoon, it's actually ridiculous. But I didn't expect that the movie will literally take on the same approach as the webtoon with its absurdity. It's supposed to be comical but for me, it becomes weird, not funny.

The story is really simple and famous among youngsters. The story about a nerdy and often bullied student who likes a very famous pretty girl in the school. Because of that, the girl's boyfriend feels that guy as a competitor. On the other hand, there is a nerdy girl who likes the nerdy guy. See, that's the most standard story in the drama world. But the execution of the storytelling is lacking. Too bad. 

I don't understand why this movie starts with those little monks as fashion victims. Then that flying scene at schoolyard is sooo unnecessary. Too much. But at the same time, it's a memorable scene. Damn it.

Sulli is so cute being a nerdy girl in here, But her transformation to be a fashionable girl is lacking. I personally like her better when she's still in the nerd stage. She's more cute and lovable.

Joo Won's hairstyle is so funny with that straight bang. Well, it looks pretty much the same as the webtoon. Meanwhile Ahn Jae Hyun, no matter what will always look handsome. Damn, you handsome model.

A lot of Korean artists that become cameo in this movie, but the most memorable one is Nana (though I still think that her presence in this movie is not that important).

The costumes used in this movie is really something, especially that exercising clothes with wings (and they wear it for running, WTF). Luckily during the Fashion King Korea, the costume looks more acceptable and make sense.

I was expecting too much about this movie.

Ps: I actually like the posters and this is the reason why I expect much about this movie