Movie: My Tutor Friend (2003)

Main casts:

Kim Ha Neul as Su Wan
Kwon Sang Woo as Ji Hoon
Gong Yoo as Jong Soo
Kim Ji Woo as Hyo Kyung aka Madeleinne

Plot:
Su-Wan is a sophomore in college, and she works part-time as a tutor to cover her tuition. She has had bad experiences so far with her students. She then meets quite possibly the most impossible to teach students yet Ji-Hoon.
Ji-Hoon comes from a wealthy family and at school is known as the best fighter around. He's also the king of troublemakers. Ji-Hoon is now repeating his high school senior year for the third time. He's also resistant to taking Su-Wan's tutoring lessons. Meanwhile, Su-Wan nearly reaches her boiling point and contemplates quitting her job, but the thought of telling her mother makes her continue on. 
Can Su-Wan ever get through to Ji-Hoon?
Comment:
Wow. This movie is old, eh? Actually, I've watched this movie before but maybe because I wasn't paid too much attention to it, I forgot everything and ended up watching it again.

This movie is a very typical drama cliche. The 2 main characters who loath each other a lot ended up liking each other and fell in love and became a couple. I dunno why this can be a box office. Maybe because of the simple story and some of the witty dialogue it has. This movie is way too light so maybe that's why people accept it easily.

I don't even remember that Gong Yoo plays in this movie. When I watched it again, I was kinda surprised. Turns out the charismatic Gong Yoo also has this kinda movie in his resume.

For the handsomeness of the main character, Kwon Song Woo can be called as handsome, for that era. He plays his character quite well as a snobby rich boy.

Su Wan is the typical girl character in a romantic movie. I hate that. If you are hopeless romantic, can you please at least not show it in plain sight? And stop pretending that you are a fierce and independent girl, coz you're not, girl.

That fighting on the seaside scene is truly unnecessary. I dunno why towards the end, the storyline and the scene become boring. What's wrong with the director and the writer?

Maybe I sound like I make fun of this movie but yeah, for me this movie is average. What's interesting about is the fact that I don't have to think too much while watching. Not bad for filling in my free time.

An interesting scene for me is when Su Wan and Ji Hoon under the umbrella while raining. I thought they're gonna end up kissing but Su Wan pukes on Ji Hoon's shirt instead. Now, that's nice.


Ps: This poster is a lie. Su Wan is never a fierce girl. She's the total opposite. Meh.