TV Show: Crime Scene (2014-2015)

Ahhh...where have I been all this time? Why I just found a great TV show like this now? I just finished the first and second season of a TV show made by JTBC - one of cable TV channels in Korea - called Crime Scene. As a fan of thriller, crime, and action, this TV show hooked me in an instant.


Crime Scene is a deduction game that being played by few people to solve who is the murderer in the given case. 5-6 celebrities as players are given a role card each. One of them can be the murderer. The players will be given a time to steep in their roles. Meanwhile, inside the studio, there is a big set that shows the murder scene and the surrounding. It can be a house, a cabin in a mountain or in a cruise boat. The murder case played is based on the real murder case that happened in real life from all around the world.

In the first part, all payers will introduce themselves as the role they play. They will explain their relationship with the victim and where they are when the murder happened. Players have a right to not disclose everything and a right to lie, especially when he/she is the murderer. They have to make sure they will not get caught until the end of the show.

Next, all of them are given time to explore the crime scene and its surrounding for 10 minutes to find all the clues that can help them. These clues will definitely useful for case briefing. During the briefing time, each player will try to provide the evidence to put on weight to the other player that they think is the murderer. They can ask each other a question based on the clues. This part is the fun part for me because there are a lot of secrets revealed during this time. And these secrets can help the players and us, the audience to guess who the murderer is and what the motive is.

Players are given another chance to examine the scene, this time with a longer duration. As the other player try to find more clues, in the other room, each player will do a 1-on-1 interrogation. They can call a player they suspected or they wanna question. This part is also a fun part to see because here they either can try to destroy each other or they can make an alliance to blame the other player instead. Some players even cried in this room of being over-pushed during the interrogation. It creates quite a stir since the other player didn't expect that they will make someone cry for real. Haha. 

After trying to gather all the clues, interrogating, talking and everything, each player finally will give a vote for the name they think as the prime suspect. If they are correctly guessing, they will get the prize money. But if they are wrongly guessing, the prize money will go to the murderer and make him/her one way richer. So I guess you better guess it right if you don't wanna lose the money.

Comment:
The second season finished in June 2015. I really wish they will make the season 3 this year. If I have to choose which season I like better, I think I will say Season 2. What I like about Season 2 is the addition of detective character and also a more compact format. In this season, all the players played their roles really well too.

I like the concept of how the audience at home can also participate to guess the murderer. The audience also can get a prize for guessing it right. Though I cannot really participate at guessing it by voting since it's only for Korean, but at least I got my own excitement by guessing it myself at home. This show brings my inner detective finally out. Haha.

A memorable moment is when NS Yoon Ji cried while being interrogated by Jun Hyun Moo. Hyun Moo really panicked because of that cry. Hyun Moo was so sure that Yoon Ji was the prime suspect but because of that cry, he had to hold that thought because he thought there's no way a murderer would cry like that. But just like a movie, there's a twist. At the end of the show, we finally found out that Yoon Ji was actually the murderer. Everyone was fooled by her crying acting. Crazy. Haha. Funny thing is this situation happened again in Season 2 when Hani also cried. But since they already experienced it before so all players thought that this time they wouldn't get fooled again by "woman's tears". And turned out Hani is the murderer. Silly.

Finally I found a TV show that really suits my personality. I really wish I was there in the studio to play along. It would be damn fun. Well, again, my only wish for now is hope they would make Season 3. Can't wait!


Ps: Hani, your face is priceless here. Hahaha.