Movie: Socialphobia (2015)

Main casts:

Byun Yo Han as Ji Woong
Lee Joo Seung as Yong Min
Ryoo Joon Yeol as Yang Ge
Han Yoon Kyung as Re Na

Plot:
Ji-Woong and Yong-Min prepare to take exams to become a police officer. They become upset with someone with the online username of Re-Na, because of her vicious comment left on an online article about a soldier's death. They then search out her real identity and discover her real name and address. Nine people go to her apartment to receive an apology. They also stream their surprise visit online. When they arrive at her home, they are in for a surprise.

What do they found? Is it gonna change their lives?

Comment:
Actually, I'm not so into it in the first place but since I'm still in the fever of Reply 1988 where Ryoo Joon Yeol was in it, so I decide to give this movie a chance too.


I already thought about it in my brain that since the first narration, this movie will be about the war in the cyber world and how people will take revenge in it. And turns out it's true. The story is predictable. The writer makes the storyline longer just to make the audience guesses who killed Re Na. They even give us three possible murders to guess.

This Dodori character is made as a mysterious character though ever since the early minutes I already know who it is. Choran is made just as a diversion. For me, it's not even a problem if Choran wasn't even mentioned. It doesn't decrease the essence of the story.  

The ending is a bit different from what I predicted. I thought Dodori will be dead but he isn't. Still, it doesn't give a good kick for me.

I have to give Lee Joo Seung applause for his acting. He plays it well. Well, the character he plays is having a strong presence rather than Byun Yo Han's character. I feel bored when I watch the character. I feel like I just wanna skip him. Ryoo Joon Yeol plays better though he's not the main character here. Meh.

My favorite scene is on minute 1:20 until 1:23

Actually, this movie has a really good premise but too bad, for me, the execution isn't that great especially towards the ending. But on the other hand, this movie is pretty successful at showing the reality of what happens in today's society - in this case, is the cyber world. It shows how people treat other people and treat the cyber world itself. We can see a glimpse of how Korea has its own internet culture. The fact that Korea is one of the countries that have the fastest internet connection in the world and to see how people take advantage of that fact kinda gives me goosebumps.

My next question is: where the hell is the police???


Ps: This poster is pretty disturbing